View Single Post
Old 08-25-2019, 06:43 AM   #5
thehef
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
For what, backup QB? I doubt it. I can see a team doing it if they are desperate enough for a starter. But I doubt they'd go down that rabbit hole for a backup.
Yep, this ^^^

Kaepernick is just not worth the hassle of the media circus that would ensue plus pissing off half of a team's fan base. True, the "media circus" would consist of almost unanimously positive coverage and praise for an organization (because that's the direction the media tilts), but still, half the fan base...

For the Colts specifically, they don't have a need for Kaepernick. Jacoby Brissett has a similar skillset and is several years younger. Kaepernick, who hasn't thrown an NFL pass in two-and-a-half years and is almost 32 years old, was last seen in the league as a mediocre-at-best starting QB on the downside. Now, should the Colts start out of the gate looking good, only to see Brissett go down with a serious injury, then I could maybe see a scenario where they'd entertain plugging Kaepernick into the system since, as noted above, his game is similar to Brissett's. But bringing him in as a backup? Brissett wouldn't need to be looking over his shoulder, and - overall - just not worth the hassle.
thehef is offline   Reply With Quote