View Single Post
Old 10-12-2018, 01:27 PM   #73
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Riverfront Stadum, home of the Portland Loggers

Quote:
Riverfront Stadium, simply put, is outdated and needs to be replaced. The ballpark has stood since the teams inception in 1987, and the team ditched the astroturf in 1995 and moved the fences in significantly in 1999 as a hope to help win more games. The massive outfield has been reduced because of inflated statistics and lack of power for the Loggers. When it opened, Riverfront Stadium produced a lot of 10-7 games with the fast outfield and gap hitters, but the lack of any substantial renovations have solidified its place as a bottom tier ballpark. Rumors of Riverfront Stadium II are starting to surface, and some close to the team suggest that a new home may come in 2016 or 2017.
I took it as somewhat assumed that the park was built around 1987, so I used the closest "new" park as a reference - in this case, New Comiskey Park. I gussied it up a little bit (as teams will do to stretch the useful life of their stadiums) by adding a multi-tier party deck to center field and adding a scoreboard that is reminiscent of Portland's iconic White Stag sign.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/3weu7a...adium.zip/file
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

Last edited by eriqjaffe; 10-12-2018 at 09:17 PM.
eriqjaffe is offline   Reply With Quote