View Single Post
Old 09-22-2016, 12:30 AM   #7
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEWHistory View Post
This is great info, thanks. I don't think I realized, historically, how game-changing the Shanahan and Stevens situation was. I guess I should've being a Devils fan, but I just never put it all together until you wrote it up like this. That's awesome.

I was wondering about why it always said "no compensation" for players when I was swimming. Now I totally get it. The more I play the more I like the decisions the designers have made. Yea, the game could use tweaks (what game couldn't?) but for the second iteration of FHM this sim is excellent.

As an aside, the tool tips are wonderful and I'd like to see more if possible. This is a possible area where a tooltip might help. An explanation like what Adam just wrote, popping up somewhere, about compensation would save peeps like myself wondering about certain things. The only downside I can think of is with the game changing so much I can understand why you don't want to write in too many explanations for things that will change, but I figured I'd put this out there as a thought.

EDIT: I. just realized I had a question. Does this mean that compensation isnt/won't be simulated at all for the historical mode? Or am I misreading your post?
I know I've had discussions with Jeff (even on the Weekly Twitch stream) regarding some of the knowledge. If we have the time to put things together, it's something we could look at. Maybe having almost a glossary/info page is something we could do - but if that's the case, it's going to take a decent amount of work even (with hopefully) community input.

As for your question - I'm not sure how well Compensation will work up until the more modern time (which you can get to and go past of course). The big thing (which most should care about though) is the ability to match offers. Not having that would be a much bigger issue.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote