Thread: Can I do this
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2015, 02:41 PM   #7
WFIL73
Minors (Single A)

That is true when you have multiple leagues. I play with expansion off and when I have the NL and AA playing I only have the database load once, through the NL, and all AA players and players of NL teams not created yet are dumped in the FA list. From there you can do whatever. 19th century is complicated enough so switching league abbreviations is a bit much and not always needed. I do most of the offseason with transactions off and have the players sign with their respective AA teams and new NL teams.

In this particular case if you start in 1892 the correct teams with be created, but Baltimore for example has a Team ID of BLN and Franchise ID of NYY. Baltimore rookies in 1893 will be FA because they are looking for Team ID BLN and Franchise ID BLO. The NL ID's you need for 1892-1900 are these:
Team Team ID Franchise ID
BAL BLN BLO
BOS BLN ATL
BRK BRO LAD
CHI CHN CHC
CIN CIN CIN
CLE CL4 CLV
LOU LS3 LOU
NY NY1 SFG
PHI PHI PHI
PIT PIT PIT
STL SLN STL
WAS WSN WAS
All rookies will load onto the correct team until 1901 when you create the AL
The game will load 16 teams in 1892 and there were only 12 so it's up to you how you want to go.

Also when creating the NL, in whatever year, and I know this is going to sound stupid, make sure the NL teams (all of them) are in the bottom subleague in the setup screen. You will need both subleagues and you can keep the top (future AL) empty. If you don't set it up like this you could end up in 1901 with NL records becoming AL records when the AL didn't exist and scheduling could get a little goofy come 1901 with both leagues.

Of course this is OOTP so each their own. I've been doing 19th century since forever and it can be a bit daunting and at times complicated and I'm just saying what works for me. Once 1892 comes around it's easy till 1901 when you create new teams for the AL.
WFIL73 is offline   Reply With Quote