View Single Post
Old 10-27-2019, 03:24 AM   #38
Lemandria
All Star Reserve

Is that Opera? Oct7

Well, she's warming up her dulcet tones, and is (at the very least) practicing for her role.

For September and early Oct, we were 21-11 (.656). Division locked up fairly early on, Sept. 17.

So in the first round, I'll face either Toronto or Louisville, the wild card winner. For the season, we went 11-8 against Louisville, and 5-1 against Toronto.

This is the part of the season where randomness really comes into play. Their entire seasons could ride on a single wild card game. Then my entire season rides on a single 5-game series. Then (maybe) a 7-game series.

Statistically: "But wins, Pythagorean wins, or cumulative WAR predict a World Series victory only about half the time at best. The vagaries and randomness of a seven-game postseason series flummox any method of prediction."

Translation: It's all too random to make any prediction at all.

We've been here before, win the division, blown out by the wild card team. Happened in 2046, happened in 2047. Then 2048's inexplicable season-long offensive drought.

2049 is not my best season ever (that was 2043 in Iron). But it is my best season in Gold.

Come on, dice gods. The odds are only 7:1 against us!

Enough Rant Against Randomness, back to the good news:

Barry Bonds, 20-20 player. Mussina, lead the league in wins.

.288 .346 .457 as a team (2nd 2nd 1st)

3.66 ERA 3.63 Starters 3.72 Bullpen (1st 1st 2nd)

+262 Rdif

Several individual awards headed our way.

Good job, my tuxedo-ed wonders. It was a memorable season, have yourselves a memorable series!

Extra kippers in your pay envelopes!

Home

Last edited by Lemandria; 10-27-2019 at 03:26 AM.
Lemandria is offline   Reply With Quote