7 games at home 3 vs Chi 4 vs Stl

June 6th Chi W 1-0
June 7th Chi W 6-5
June 8th Chi W 7-5
June 9th Stl L 5-2
June 10th Stl W 2-0
June 11th Stl L 6-3
June 12th Stl L 9-1

June 6th Danny Jackson gives the bullpen a much need day off pitching 8 shutout innings. Ricky Jordan hits a pinch double to score Dave Hollins in the 8th to win it. Doug Jones gets his 15th Save.

June 7th I call up Tom Marsh from AAA and send C Phillips down who has been struggling at the plate.

Dave hollins goes 4 for 4 with his 8th homer of the year to back up Ben Rivera who pitches 7 innings. Kruk and eisey have two hits a piece.

June 8th We complete the sweep of the cubs. Mike Remlinger overcomes a shaky 1st inning and gets us through 7. Daulton hits his 13th Homer. Dave Hollins has 3 more hits to push his Avg up to 317. Doug Jones Picks up save number 16.

June 9th Jim Haley continues to pitch well giving up 1 run in 5 2/3 innings but the cards score 4 runs late off the bullpen. Kruk and eisey have 2 hits.

June 10th I haven't been pleased with Roger Mason this past month so I trade him to the white sox for AAA pitcher Ivan Vasquez. He is a lefty and I will put him in AAA for now. He will be the closer as I call up Bob wells who has been lights out.

We didn't need the bullpen today as Schilling Pitches a compete game shutout striking out 6 and walking none. Kruk hits his 8th dinger of the year.

June 11th Willie Wilson goes 4 for 5 but fractures his wrist stealing a base and will be out 5 to 6 weeks. Danny Jackson was not sharp giving up 5 runs. After the game I call up Heathcliff Slocumb from AAA.

June 12th Ben Rivera struggles and Tommy Greene shines pitching 8 innings against us giving up just the 1 run.

Off for A very important road trip. We can either create some distance behind the 2nd place expos or continue to be in a dog fight for the division.
Ajt1978 is offline   Reply With Quote