Thread: 1994 Phillies
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2019, 10:17 PM   #13
Ajt1978
Minors (Rookie Ball)

7 Game road Trip 4 @ Fl 3 @ Atl

After losing 4 of 6 at home we hit the road for 7 games against division rivals Florida and Atlanta.

May 5th @FL W 4-3
May 6th @FL W 6-4
May 7th @FL W 7-6
May 8th @FL L 4-2
May 9th @ATL W 4-3
May 10th @ATL W 9-7
May 11th @ATL W 11-7

May 5th Danny Jackson picks up his 2nd win of the year going 6 1/3 innings giving up 2 runs. David West strikes out the side in the bottom of the 9th for his 2nd save. Otis Nixon reaches base 4 times.

May 6th Ben Rivera recovers nicely from his last start pitching 6 strong innings. Heathcliff Slocumb struggles again. John kruk hits his 5th homer of the year and Doug Jones pitches a clean 9th inning for his 7th save.

May 7th Before the game I send H Slocumb to the minors and call up Toby Borland.

Greg Harris gets the start and pitches just 1 inning giving up 3 runs
The bullpen comes through with 8 innings giving up 3 runs. Randy Ready fills in for Dave Hollins and gets 3 hits. Eisey collects two hits one of those being his 4th home run. D Jones gets his 8th Save

May 8th Clemens struggles through 6 innings giving up 10 hits and 4 runs to get his 2nd loss of the year. Dave Hollins goes 3 for 4 hitting his 6th homer.

May 9th Before the game I sign Eisey 2 a two year contract extension worth 5 million a year. He rewards me with 2 more hits. Schilling out duels Greg Maddux Pitching 8 innings giving up 3 runs. Doug Jones picks up Save Number 9.

May 10th I make a trade with the mets. I trade Angry Pitcher Jim Deshaies for Angry Pitcher Mike Remlinger who was in AAA and pitching well.

Danny Jackson pitches 7 innings giving up 2 runs. However a Tony Longmire error in the bottom of the 8th leads to 5 Atlanta runs, however we comeback and score 5 runs in the top of the 9th(4 off Mark Wohlers) to take a 9-7 lead. Nixon, Gilkey and Stocker combine for 4 runs, 4 rbi and 7 hits. Daulton walks 3 times and scores twice. Mickey Morandini has a 2 run pinch single in the 8th. Toby Borland gets 1 out to collect his 1st win and D Jones gets his 10th save.

May 11th We are down 7-3 after 3 innings as B Rivera struggled. Our bullpen was clutch and allows to score 8 unanswered runs. B Gilkey hits 2 home runs, Daulton hits his 6th. Only sad news is Otis Nixon runs into another wall and has a Strained rib cage muscle and will be out 7 weeks. Clark phillips will be recalled from the minors to replace him.
Ajt1978 is offline   Reply With Quote