View Single Post
Old 05-22-2019, 05:29 PM   #26
Pirates
Major Leagues

You bring up some good points, I never thought of.

But, you need to understand some things:

Now you have a massive infusion of cash coming in every day from pack sales and AH sales commissions.
10% on cards that are selling for 199,000, 299,00 just drives the selling prices even higher. Perhaps a sliding commission charge should be implemented.
---- this statement is incorrect. Without taking points out of the games, the prices of all items/cards would go up. Simple Economics, adding more points to the game without taking points out of the game, would decrease the value of your points.

By the way, I have collected Baseball cards my whole life, and the fact that you can actually own what you purchase is the main reason why.
----Baseball Cards' are tangible items that you can freely sell, trade, etc....
Video game in-game assets are intangible items, that you never have full ownership, control over.

What happens to my team when PT 1.0 servers cease to exhibit.
I always trusted Marcus and his development team to follow through with their promises, and have enjoyed OOTP since the '08 version.
---- You have just learned a valuable economic lesson here. Never buy a product/Asset on the promise of coming soon. When you buy a product you must assume that this is the finished product.
I believe the Development Team had the best of intentions when said promises were made.
Note: A written contract between you and the seller, that protects your financial interest is the only way you can ever be protected.
Pirates is offline   Reply With Quote