View Single Post
Old 04-27-2019, 10:22 PM   #2
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

About to start 1884 in my current league.
I play with the same league setup as the real leagues so i dont know as much when you use the game's setup.
I also import schedules for each league.
You may have to watch for a team that has finished its schedule but still signing players. I have to to turn on don't allow ai to m ake roster changes
or leave a human manager in charge of the team.

I do know it was one of the longest seasons to run in my sim.Lots of transactions to do manually for that year and i think 92 or 93 as well.
I do not use the Union Association as i agree that its not worth the time. Not much chance of St. Louis losing and hardly affected any player's career chance at the hall.
You may want to keep an eye on Old Hoss Radbourn if you are gonna try and see if he can duplicate the 59 wins.
To do so you are gonna have to control the rotation.

I do find the game seems to have a problem with starting pitchers. Iv'e seen where it will rate a guy as a starter that started 5 games while putting a player that started 31 games at 2b.
The game's setup may allow for a better representation of positions.
I don't worry too much about it. I just look at it as fielders would often play many positions. But pitching you do have to keep an eye on.
Still in most of the sims i ran the good teams like Providence and New York Metropolitians were usually close to the top.

1884, 1890, and either 1892 or 1893 are the three longest seasons to run. 1885 -1889 and 1894-1900 are quicker.
Curious to see how Radbourn does in your league.
BaseballMan is offline   Reply With Quote