View Single Post
Old 04-21-2019, 11:59 AM   #1886
Rocco Del Sesto
Hall Of Famer

Dutch Heavyweight

While I'm looking through my Rings to see what I find on Paco Bueno and Fidel Arciniega, I ran across this gentleman from the Netherlands. Liked his name an ran across the comment on him in a Ring magazine so I decided to whip him up quick and present him.

And yes this is my first posting from my Win 10 computer running 2.5 set up like I posted a week ago. So far, knock on my wood head and don't jinx myself, it's run with no hiccups!! No working on my old XP laptop that has no internet access and having to dump files to a thumb drive to transfer to the other computer with internet!!!!! Gosh don't jinx myself!

Jan Olij - HW - Netherlands
Career Record: W6(KO 4) / L5(KO 3) / D0

Unknown information has been left blank.

Most recognizable opponents in Olij who fought as and refered to in Ring Magazine accounts as Jack Oley, were Abelardo Acosta, Cheo Morejon, Paco Bueno and Alfredo Lagay. Olij beat the first three, loosing to Lagay.

The July 1949 Ring had a short account of Olij's fight with Bueno. It said Olij, refered to as Jack Oley, was a "Dutch Heavyweight who made a name for himself as an amateur, and shows great promise." Well that prediction was off.
Attached Images
Attached Files
File Type: tbdx3 Olij_Jan_HW_Retired_Prime.tbdx3 (2.2 KB, 81 views)
Rocco Del Sesto is offline   Reply With Quote