View Single Post
Old 09-07-2018, 05:48 PM   #12
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosco Peabody View Post
It would be great if someone with inner working knowledge of the OOTP Facegen could confirm that 1. this is what they use and 2. Their goal (at least for future versions) would be to have guys with hair in their facegen
I'm not the answer you want regarding inner workings and I'm not an expert on the topic by any means ...

But for whatever it's worth, I recall there being difficulty implementing the hair aspect into Facegen in the past, as it related to Franchise Hockey Manager (I used to be the PR lead for that game). I do believe having hair in that game for the player Facegens would have been first choice (as that's the norm for hockey player photos also), but for whatever reason it wasn't feasible and thus those Facegens wear helmets. I'm a bit hazy on the details on all this, and completely unsure of the technical side of the implementation (ie. how much it was or wasn't attempted, what the specific road blocks were, etc.) ... but there's that.

Personally I'd be thrilled with any implementation of Facegen at all (definitely near top of my wish list for immersion purposes), and even more so if they can figure out a way to include hair.