View Single Post
Old 08-23-2018, 01:17 AM   #8
jaa36
Hall Of Famer

offseason 2021-22

Shortly after the expansion draft I learned that Charles Bronfman gave me a total budget of $85M, the lowest in the league. Not to worry- Bronfman died just fifteen days after the Expos franchise was rebooted, and was replaced as owner by Charles Bronfman Jr. The free-spending Bronfman Jr. pushed the budget all the way up to $110M!

My first move (in the throes of such stringent financial limitations) was to swap Keone Kela, our most expensive player, to Kansas City for outfielder (and former star quarterback) Kyler Murray, a talented and fast center fielder who ranked as the #99 prospect in baseball last season. The 24-year-old Murray will probably start the season in the minors but could certainly spend time with the team this season.

I selected two players in the Rule 5 draft, outfielder Brandon Marsh and infielder Luis Victoriano Garcia. I also signed Jeurys Familia to a one-year deal for $3M (and got a warning that he has a Bad Personality when I did) and first baseman Josh Bell to a one-year deal for $1.5M.

Alex Rodriguez, David Ortiz and Todd Helton joined the Hall of Fame. 22-year-old Cuban rookie Ismael Ricalday signed a seven-year deal for $137M with the Phillies, and Christian Yelich signed a six-year deal worth $138M with the Dodgers.

I neglected to mention that the trade deadline was moved back to August 31. Any player is eligible to be traded, as well as any draft pick.
jaa36 is offline   Reply With Quote