View Single Post
Old 06-13-2016, 11:57 AM   #5
Bets
Bat Boy

If you are reading this and you recall my predictions, I want to make it aware that I only realized after the fact what my predictions implied. In past simulations, I have seen this conference finals match-up before around the 3rd/4th year, and thought it would be interesting to predict this for the 1st year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bets View Post
Here is a look at my projected bracket starting at the conference finals:

As you can see, my predictions have the Chicago Blackhawks repeating as Stanley Cup champions after beating the Washington Capitals in 5 games!

On top of these predictions this is what I also expect to happen:
  • The Chicago Blackhawks will win the Presidents' Trophy
  • The Edmonton Oilers and San Jose Sharks will compete for the Western Conference Finals
However, I didn't completely realize what I had predicted until after the graphic was already made and felt that it would be cheating to change it after the fact.

Considering that both the teams in each match up (Pittsburgh/Washington and Chicago/St. Louis) are divisional opponents, my prediction assumes that both the Metropolitan and the Central will win a wildcard and play in the crossover.

But it doesn't end there, I also picked Chicago to win the Presidents' trophy, which means it has to be St. Louis in the west to finish in the 1st wildcard spot so they crossover to the Pacific.

It goes further...

I chose both Edmonton and San Jose – Pacific divisional teams – to play in the Western Semi-Finals. That means that either of those two teams must also win in the wildcard (alongside St. Louis) and finish last amongst the playoff teams.

Overall, either I am an absolute genius on these predictions and should start playing the lottery, or I should get some sleep before making predictions in the future.

I actually had Tampa Bay over Washington in the East but thought it would be boring to have a rematch of the Cup final the year before (I've had it in previous GM modes). Additionally, usually the San Jose Sharks are my prediction for the first year conference finals, but I decided to shake it up with a St. Louis pick.

Little did I know at the time how much I really shook things up!

Last edited by Bets; 06-13-2016 at 12:02 PM.
Bets is offline   Reply With Quote