View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 12:48 PM   #28
illeracula
Hall Of Famer

Week 12

Current Week: 1-5 (overall 32-45 13 GB 4th place)
Next Week: 3 vs Annapolis, 3 @ Ocean City
Power Ranking: 16
Fan Interest: 51
Owners Mood: Angry

Notes: The Owner Bill Parker is getting angry with the way the club is playing, and honestly I can't blame him. Rumors are starting to circulate that changes will be made. Hitting Coach Roger van Hoogewegen might be the first to go... As for me I am not happy, but content with the team. I don't want to trade off our youth to win now, just to destroy the future. We have the lowest budget and salary, so if I make through this season, we should be able to make some upgrades. The trade market has been very poor, but I will continue to shop players.

Game 72
Norfolk 7, Wilmington 6
Carlos Mateo threw 6.2 solid innings, and exited with a 7-1 lead, which the bullpen stumbled and almost gave away. Mateo got the win (5-7) giving up 5 hits and 1 run. James Gillespie gave up 3 runs in 1.2 innings and Theo Petherick gave up 2 in 2/3... Brain Cline went 4-4, to continue his hot streak, knocking in 4 runs.

Game 73
Norfolk 5, Wilmington 7
Karl Armstrong went 8 solid innings, giving up 4 runs on 7 hits, while striking out 10. But took the ND as Theo Petherick blew it in the 9th. Only able to get 1 out, Petherick gave up 4 runs on 3 hits and a walk, including a walk-off blast (1-2, BS 1). The Cav's offense slugged 3 HR's, Freitas (17), Candelaria (8) and Britt (4), and saw 3 players smack 2 hits.

Game 74
Norfolk 3, Wilmington 9
Jose Martinez just might not have what it takes to stay around with the big club, getting hit hard over 3.2 innings, allowing 10 hits and 6 runs to take the loss (0-3). Allen Britt and Mauro Candelaria had 2 hits a piece for the Cav's offense. Britt hit his 5th HR of the year.

Game 75
Newark 4, Norfolk 2
Tsuneo Sato threw well to get the win on most days, but when your team is only giving you 2.87 runs per game, you need to do a little better. Sato went 7.2 innings giving up 4 runs on 6 hits (5-7). The offense racked up 9 hits, but didn't get them at the right time leaving 7 men stranded. Patrick Shelton (8) and Pablo Freitas (18) each had a solo-hr accounting for the lone Cav's runs.

Game 76
Newark 1, Norfolk 0
Don Sweetapple threw 8.0 innings, giving up 5 hits and 1 run, a first inning 2-out HR being his only mistake, took the tough loss (11-4). The offense once again slugged 9 hits, but left 10 men on base. Pablo Freitas had 3 hits to lead the way.

Game 77
Newark 7, Norfolk 2
Carlos Mateo threw 5.1 innings before hitting the showers, down 6-0, and with the way the offense has been going lately it wasn't a good sign. Mateo took the loss (5-8) giving up 6 runs (5 ER) on 7 hits. Pablo Freitas is trying to put this offense on his shoulders, but can't do it himself, had 2 hits including his 19th HR. Mauro Candelaria added 3 hits.

Players of the Week:
Delaware: Pete MacCammon (Wilmington Iron Pigs) 11-26 2 HR, 5 RBI
MarVa: Cliff Jones (Washington Senators) 13-24 7 RBI 5 R

Power Rankings:
1) Milton Brewers
2) Washington Senators
3) Milford Clippers
4) Richmond Cardinals
5) Annapolis Admirals
16) Norfolk Cavaliers

Check out my OOTP dynasty, the DelMarVa Baseball League:
DelMarVa Baseball League.

and the spin off:
DelMarVa Baseball League - 2037 WBC Tournament - Won by Team USA - New England.

DelMarVa Baseball League - 2039 WBC Tournament - Won by Team USA - New England..
illeracula is offline   Reply With Quote