View Single Post
Old 07-26-2006, 11:44 PM   #25
TheBishop
Minors (Double A)

The reserve roster is a rather egregous compromise for the full on historical simmer. Not allowing historical leagues to have minors without the presence of fictional players feels like a shot taken at anyone who plays this way, as if we're not important enough to accomodate. Fictional players always have a way of infiltrating my leagues, no matter how low a setting I put their creation on. Somehow, some way, a few become star players, relagating some 'real' player to the bench or minor leagues. That really kills my interest alot.

And the reserve roster makes me feel like I'm playing soccer or football. Baseball has minor leagues, it's just that simple. I'm not looking to make historical minors, it'd be impossible (I don't stick strictly to history as it is), but not having the semblance of a AAA, AA and A setup to put your prospects in is, for lack of a better word, pathetic. Not seeing how your players are developing is a harbinger upon the game. The reserve roster would be best left to FM or the hockey game that SI produces.

I know this really is getting nowhere with Marc, Markus and SI for, at least, this version, as nothing has been said about fixing this or doing anything about it. They might have a plan for the next version to help with this, but that doesn't help for this version. Having no minor leagues takes alot of fun out of this game for me, as does having to put up with fake players. It's a catch 22, either way, the fun level is just not there. It has nothing to do with anything else (I find the interface to be fine) but this one problem is really just making me not interested playing like I once did (which was everyday; I haven't played the new version in days now despite having free time). I've owned 4 versions of this game now and, until now, I never had this problem.

Until there's an explanation as to why ghost players can't be/aren't in the game or there's a flat out 'no, we're not going to bother', this game is going to collect dust. And the only way I can retort is by not bothering to buy future versions (the only thing a customer can do).

Last edited by TheBishop; 07-26-2006 at 11:49 PM.
TheBishop is offline   Reply With Quote