View Single Post
Old 03-07-2020, 05:17 AM   #10
dancariaz
Minors (Triple A)

tbh I see why you wanna do it and I also more see why it sucks.

Yes, PT is pay to win, nobody can deny that. Spending $ will get you further and especially faster than any other way of playing ever will. You can be a successful f2p player, I mean I kinda proved it myself. You have to grind the AH hard though, you have to put in lots and lots of hours to list/buy cards and tbh to me that's not worth it and that's the reason why I'll sit out OOTP 21. At that point PT isn't a baseball game anymore, it's just a market game with tables and numbers. That's all you do: log in, do your work, log off, repeat. The grind is real. It's real work if you wanna have a competitive team as a f2p player. I did it for 3-4 months and let me tell you: it's not worth it, my team will still get slaughtered by good teams and I was more exhausted mentally by grinding PT than doing my regular job.

imo leveling the playing field will have to be the #1 priority to keep PT relevant to me in the future, there's no way I'm gonna do that grind again.

b2t: So yeah, a way easier way to get PP is to tank all the way down and then mow down the competition to farm PP. It's something I'd never do (I think it sucks if you're a legit lower league team looking to get promoted just to get beaten over and over by tankers - something that happened to me quite a number of times this year) but I absolutely see why people wanna avoid the real grind to get PP.

F2P Team
dancariaz is offline   Reply With Quote