View Single Post
Old 03-06-2020, 06:18 PM   #5
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

just going to quote this part:

"The fact is this game is pay to win. One way around this is to constantly tank your team down to Iron where you can earn tons of points as you work you way back up to the divisions and when you make it to Perfect if you can't compete with the whales who have 100 overall players at every position, you then tank back to iron."

so you get to perfect, find it too difficult, so the only recourse is to tank all the way back down to Iron? Really? C'mon man, that's just a lame excuse. If you feel the need to tank to get out of Perfect tier to move back down to Diamond, I kinda get that (but even that can be done without being blatant about it). But tank from Perfect to Diamond to Gold to Silver to Bronze to Iron just because you can't hack it against the small percentage of true whales? Nah, that's not wanting to compete. That's just wanting to be the 'whale' in the Iron league and try for the perfect 162-0 season (which isn't someone who wants to compete in a baseball sim).

Outside the initial cost to buy the game, I've spent exactly $0 extra (not because I don't enjoy PT/don't want to, but more that my discretionary income is going elsewhere; and besides, it's more fun/challenging to try and build a successful team without extra money). My F2P pre-ww2 theme team has spent 27 of their 48 seasons at the Perfect tier and have a winning percentage of .546 at that level. The first couple runs at the top tier were dismal failures and I got relegated back to Diamond, where my team excelled once again. After a few yo-yo runs up-down-up-down, I've now spent 17 straight seasons at the Perfect tier and only missed the playoffs in 4 of them. Still no Perfect tier championship but that's just something to work towards. While I guess I could hide my starting 25, tank back to Iron and then stomp some newbs and go 160-2 to make a crapload of points, what's the fun in that?
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote