View Single Post
Old 02-19-2020, 04:57 PM   #408
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehef View Post
Haha

I'll rephrase:

At any rate, if you were Manfred right now and couldn't go back in time - meaning, primarily, you can't nullify immunity agreements - what realistic steps would you take?
Admit I blew it.

I'd say something along the lines of "We wanted to know exactly what happened so that we could prevent it in the future. We prioritized information. But in retrospect, we should have put more emphasis on maintaining the integrity of the season, the league and the game. To make sure we maintain the perception of a level playing field to all onlookers and those employed in our league. And foremost, that anyone who would damage that perception would face discipline that would prevent anyone from ever considering taking similar liberties."

"We failed. And I will take full blame for my part in not making sure that was the utmost consideration in our investigation. No matter how sound we thought our reasoning was, it has become obviously clear by reactions from our fans, players & others around the league that we dropped the ball on this one. "

"I know the MLBPA maintains this is a violation that can't be penalized. But I urge them to listen to their own members, their fans, our paying customers and their own conscience. Then work with us so together we can take cheating out of our game. To hold ourselves to a higher standard of fair play. And show that all parties in our game, whether on the field, in the dugout, in our front offices, the league offices or the owner's box, will no longer further tolerate anyone compromising fair competition and integrity in America's pastime."
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
June 7, 1958 - Apr 21, 2016

Last edited by Cobra Mgr; 02-19-2020 at 04:58 PM.
Cobra Mgr is offline   Reply With Quote