View Single Post
Old 06-22-2008, 09:02 AM   #24
KevinTMC
Minors (Single A)

That's some great information, Raidergoo. Thank you--and thanks for doing such a great job on the ABA. I like the attention to detail, the pleasing graphics, and the believable settings. It's good enough that I don't feel compelled to start from scratch and create my own league right away, but rather can just jump in and enjoy.

And that's a big thing. The quickstarts in last year's game didn't appeal to me, so I decided to come up with my own creation instead--only I got bogged down, not having the time and the expertise to get it done according to my own exacting standards. Thank you for saving me from that fate this year.

Unlike you, I do enjoy the perverse pleasures of managing future used-car salesmen in A ball, so when I started up the ABA, I accepted the computer's offer to take the helm at Santa Ana, and turned off ghost players. The head office didn't send me enough starting pitching, but I oughtn't complain...the first opponent on my schedule had a ton of pitching, but only two catchers and a second baseman for position players. I won the first game (with a walk-off double in the 11th) thanks in large part to two errors committed by the middle reliever they pressed into service as shortstop. What fun!

Last edited by KevinTMC; 06-22-2008 at 09:04 AM.
KevinTMC is offline   Reply With Quote