View Single Post
Old 03-19-2017, 05:14 AM   #48
TheEquinox
Minors (Single A)

1877 - MidSeason update

Okay, it's been a while, but let's continue this.

I'm not sure why my team always crashes right after they won a title, but this year isn't an exception, unfortunately. Once again, the title seems to have caused some kind of complacency in my top-stars, and so it's no surprise to be where we are:

The Cincinnati Reds seem to be able to continue their upswing from last season, and for the first time, they top the NL in the mid-season. In the AL, the Cleveland Blues keep dominating.

As far as my Boston team goes, the only one in good shape is my pitcher, Yin XĂș, who's topping the league in strikeouts (71) and is 2nd in ERA (3.21).

Basically everyone else is far behind expectation and last year's performance. It's always been a good indicator for the overall performance throughout a season to look at Levi Meyerle's performance, which is really disappointing compare to last season:

He's doing okay at most, at the very beginning of the season, his AVG dropped below .25, but he's stabilized a little by now. I hope he can improve again in the second half of the season. Basically everybody needs to improve and return to last season's performance if we don't want to make this year a forgettable one for Boston.

A look at the batting stats reveals the whole misery:

Just look at last season key players Orator Shafer or George Bechtel. Their avg says it all, really. Worst season in their careers so far. Even Nick Wehman who's been a staple in our championship season, is far behind expectations this year.

I'm really clueless, because this is basically the same team which won it all last year, but it seems they are happy with what they achieved and just want to take a year off.

Hopefully they will change their minds and start hitting a ball again, or my owner might come to the conclusion, that this should be my last year in Boston...
TheEquinox is offline   Reply With Quote