View Single Post
Old 10-22-2018, 08:35 AM   #16
Krillo
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by garion333 View Post
New features for FOF were probably being developed in Jim's environment while the game was being ported to the OOTP interface. Meaning, the game exists already as FOF8 so new stuff/changes will be made there while the transfer to OOTP is ongoing. The new features and changes will then be brought to OOTP.

After FOF9 is out he'll be able to work from inside FOF9/OOTP.

The short answer is: FOF9 won't be out for quite some time.
The updates looks great and makes a lot of sense if there’s not coming a new game within a year. Hopefully there is. I just believe that updates like this will prevent the veteran FOF players to transition to FOF9, especially if the online leagues won’t be convertable. Otherwise I hope for FOF9 to be so much better then FOF8 that they quit their leagues and create new ones in FOF9. The vets will be much needed when the new game is released. Creating great posts and guides will help new players to the series, as they did for me with FOF8.
I am just concerned about FOF8 being FOF9 biggest competition to be really great and this doesn’t help.

It’s not quite fair to compare OOTP to FHM due to time and number of users but it’s a huge difference in knowledge and good stuff in the forums. An active and knowing forum helps a lot with sales and development of the game. I want this game series to sweep the market for ever, like FM did with “ soccer”.
I hope am wrong with saying that a lot of FOF veterans will stick with FOF8