View Single Post
Old 06-21-2019, 06:50 AM   #2809
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Man, you guys have been chatting it up. Sorry I was so busy yesterday I had a crunch at work and Thurs night is band night so I come home pretty beat.

12 Monkeys is one of my favorite movies. Brad Pitt is really good at acting. In that movie he's crazy... or IS HE?

Motown finally blew the majority of their PP. I've been looking to upgrade 1B for so long because I really don't like Carew's red defense there, and after waiting and waiting for a specific card to come on to the AH, when that card finally appeared, I looked at it and said.... "uh, I'm not sure I want this one." Plus I wanted to upgrade for a guy with power. So, after doing a bit of shopping and hemming and hawing, I ended up buying the 97 Norm Cash. Decent defense at 1B, and the batting stats looks pretty good.

Defining "pretty good" batting stats... I like to look up the real-life stats for the cards I'm getting (yeah, I know they are on the card but I look them up BEFORE I get the card and besides, baseball-reference has other info I like to see) and I found out 1961 was a year Norm got MVP. He slashed .361/.487/.662 that year... I'd take that!

Funny though, he displaces my 69 Rod Carew... who just got elected to the All-Star team and who's leading the S279 in batting with a .352 average. I put Carew on the Reserve Roster (don't ask me why!). Probably going to bring him back this evening to replace one of my defensive subs and play him here and there so he can qualify for the batting title. That's 400 PP I want to get!

Last edited by Charlatan; 06-21-2019 at 06:52 AM.
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote