View Single Post
Old 12-18-2018, 11:24 PM   #11
spleen1015
Hall Of Famer

Over night last night and through the day today I simmed to the middle of 1975 with this. I made some tweaks to the settings to fit what I like, for example I turned off Advanced Draftee Signing.

I am seeing some cool things. The guy who owns the single season HR record in the NCAA was drafted by the Orioles in the 2nd round in 1944. He was traded a month into his first professional season to the Southern Maryland Blue Crabs in the independent league, the Atlantic League. Then during the off season he was traded to the Yankees. He finally hit the majors in 1949 and played until 1963, playing for 5 different teams in the majors, twice with the Cubs.

The Atlantic League's career HR leader hit 110 HR in the league, playing in the league for 4 years. He was drafted out of Texas Tech by the Brewers, the 8th overall pick in the 1953 draft. They traded him to the Somerset Patriots in the off season heading into the 1958 season. 1958 through 1960 he played in the Atlantic League. Then the Cubs purchased his contract after the 1960 season. They traded him to the White Sox after the 1962 season and then the White Sox traded him to the Long Island Ducks and he was back in the Atlantic league for part of 1964.

I think it is cool to see guys bouncing between leagues like this.

One question, I think you have the finances set to 2018. I changed the MLB to follow history but I didn't think to check the Atlantic League and the salaries there have been modern day salaries. Is that right that you left finances are modern day?

Thanks for putting this together. I always get stuck building my universes and I never seem to actually play them. I think I am going to play this one for a while.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote