View Single Post
Old 09-21-2018, 05:20 PM   #20
Ben E Lou
Front Office Football Central

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
I'm interested in the day-by-day idea. In football, it seems like this could make the free agent market a good deal more immersive. If you're getting a variety of messages when the fur is really flying... WR1 is asking for 4/$24m and his agent insists he wants his big bonus of he's taking the Raiders' offer instead... but the almost as good WR2 is saying he's ready to sign with you right now for 2/$9m...and you don't really have the cap space to sign them both. I could see that becoming a full level more interesting than the free agency process is now, in single-player FOF.
Yeah, you've fleshed precisely what I was talking about in my earlier post. Tough decisions ftw.

Quote:
I can't yet envision how this would work in multi-player, but that seems surmountable overall.
I think this one would be on both the development team and the commishes. The ol' "revoke offer if player signs" type stuff would be crucial, but I'd think a thorough understanding of frequency of signings by the league commish would be critical as well--does the offseason run 5 days, a week, 10 days, 12 days, 20 days, or a month at a time? From the dev end, do top-tier players recognize--as they seem to in OOTP--that they're the subject of a bidding war and therefore wait a bit to be signed? And from the commish end, if there is something like that in place, how do you respond to it in terms of how long each sim entails. Would it end up making sense to have variable sim lengths, even? I suspect there's going to be a fair bit to be learned and explored in this realm, and some trial and error.

Quote:
If we can retain the core of FOF that makes it work so well under the hood, add in a bit more depth and appeal to the interface, and then work out the "look and feel" things like this, I could be really really happy with the outcome of this partnership.
True dat.