View Single Post
Old 05-04-2018, 02:28 PM   #17
zagardlenie
Bat Boy

Infractions: 0/1 (2)
JeffR,

You are very diplomatic. Let me recap what I have written: in Your game, in the first season, the player begins as a rookie trainer, with very low attributes, right? And yet in a very trivial way he gets tactical advantage over Barry Trotz, Peter Laviolette, John Cooper and all other. This is absurd. What was the target age in your assumptions? Don’t tell me…

I was alarmed when I noticed an issue with the improperly displayed “momentum” indicator and wrote about it on the forum. I thought: “what is wrong with those people that so many days have passed since the update patch (which started problem with momentum) and nobody but me has noticed this error?” I mean, the momentum indicator is essential in the course of every game, is it not? Every player must react to its changes, at least by adjusting the “Tempo” or “Offensive Risk-Taking”. But who cares about that… Then I realised that most people playing FHM is simply lazy. There are many players who do not even bother to look at the tactics screen because they do not feel like tweaking a solutions that at first look seem complicated but in reality are quite simple. And since they do not comprehend tactics, they also do not follow the course of a game and do not react accordingly.

By the way, the problem with momentum was not fixed yet, which is silly… It only strengthens me in my belief that the whole tactics mechanic in the game is fake. This game’s only purpose is to complete a decked out roster in a trivial and underdeveloped transfer system and outplay everyone in the league in the SIM mode.

Maybe in a few years this game will be better developed.

(In my opinion, You should resign from the Countering Roles system and the numerical values for each tactic – more should be left as unknown to players, more dependent on the hockey players’ current skill (= streaks) and disposition. Furthermore, no dots and Suitability indicator. Instead of a Countering Roles there should be a new system based on the mentality of distinct lines, eg. defensive mode – when the player wants to shutdown the opponent’s line, etc. Also, you should consider removing the attributes from Head Coaches (including the one controlled by the player) because this system is not objective. Each coach should be unpredictable.)

Last edited by zagardlenie; 05-05-2018 at 04:26 AM.
zagardlenie is offline   Reply With Quote