View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 04:40 PM   #7
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
I know all about fighting in hockey thank you, I've followed the sport religiously since the 50's. I'm really glad the Schultz's and Gillies and McSorely's are long gone from the NHL. They couldn't play hockey, they played hackey and were a black eye to the game. That's just my opinion, I know others differ and I respect that.

I'm not advocating to not have it in the game, I like a good fight just as much as the next guy. I'd just like to see them get the actual "hockey" part of the game right first. Some of the points made by the op are an over-exageration to say the least.

I never said you didn't know about fighting, but those guys you just mentioned all could PLAY hockey. Players like Matt Cooke, Sean Avery, Patrick Kaleta's are far better to have for the game....right? Sure they too could play but its damned embarrassing to watch them dive, flop, embellish, turtle, whine to the refs constantly all the while hiding behind the rules of the new nhl.

I do agree that certain hockey aspects would take obviously take priority but still when you say the actual "hockey" and in quotes my interpretation is that you're implying fighting is not part of hockey....and it is. Just like a big hit, a good fight can change momentum of a game, yes not all the time like the op says but on some occasions it would. Now how to determine that for a hockey sim i could see as being challenging.

Fighting is a sensitive issue with me in hockey Damn NHL won't decide fully if they want it or not in their league...anyways all a conversation for another place i suppose.

Last edited by dave1927p; 02-18-2012 at 05:01 PM.
dave1927p is offline   Reply With Quote