View Single Post
Old 01-13-2020, 10:35 AM   #6
drksd4848
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by moore4807 View Post
I've been through all 20 of OOTP versions and saw nearly every possible slipup and mistake they made, and what made me a believer was that through EVERY one of those "Oops" was that OOTP stuck it out, apologized and turned out a continually evolving superior product.

That's exactly why I've stuck with them.

I've breathed fire on the forums in the past (distant past, that is) called people out, pouted screamed, yelled - and really for no good reason.

Sometime around version 14 - I jumped in at V11 - I realized, these guys won't quit, and they truly care about their users and their product. If something goes wrong, they move heaven and earth to make it right. Are they perfect? No. But no one could ever doubt their dedication. And BTW, who is perfect? Not even Adobe or EA or anybody.

Name me a software developer that goes to the length that they do.

That's why - even in years when I really didn't have time to play - I always bought the product, and always will. Every year. Even when I was allowed to test the beta version, I still bought it.

It's important to me to support the company.

(Also, this my last connection to Baseball. I haven't watched an MLB game in three years. I'm disgusted with MLB, but OOTP is the only thing that keeps my love of and memories of the sport I grew up with alive.)

They will get this right. Trust me.

Last edited by drksd4848; 01-13-2020 at 10:41 AM.