View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 07:53 AM   #7
VanillaGorilla
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by iverbure View Post
can't wait for you to get started, i really enjoyed following along your previous project.

quick question how difficult or easy is it to set up a league like yours? could you possibly post all your settings you used. i'd like to set a league up like yours however i would just let the computer pick the HOF.
There is nothing difficult about setting up the leagues, themselves. The point of this league, and the past two leagues, is to see how the HOF model works in practice and works with different settings. The first league had Low injuries, the second had High Injuries, and this current one has Very High.

I use defaults for player development and aging in all leagues. I use recalc (have used varying lengths, they are all good) and player development On.

I used a weighted random method of determining my start year which leans towards 1871 as the start point. That this league started in the 21st Century was almost a one thousand to one occurrence.

I use AAA with ghost players for the minors.

If you want to make a league "like" mine:

Random Debut, start any year
Neutralized stats
Historical evolution
AAA w/Ghosts
Recalc (any time frame)
Player Development
Historical Player Creation Modifiers
I had been previously using the "automatically adjust league totals" option, but I uncheck it after 2012 when I enable all facets of League evolution, otherwise any league evolution as far as raising/lower mound appears to be negated

All other settings (injury, finances, basis for defensive eval, etc) I have mixed up from league to league.

I let the AI handle all player moves. I draft according to need set forth by the owner and what my scouts say. I make the decision prior to the draft if I am going to use current rating, potential rating, or both to make my picks. It's hard, but I try not to let the player name influence my picks.

I only trade a player when a player expresses displeasure with being on my team and then I use the shop around feature and trade them. I don't ever add a player on my end of the deal, but I will try to get a throw in from the other team.

I do not have draft pick trading enabled.

That about covers it.
VanillaGorilla is offline   Reply With Quote