View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 03:28 PM   #1
VanillaGorilla
All Star Starter

Modeling OOTP v14 HOF on RL HOF

I have a few things I want to do with the last v 13 HOF, but I am anxious to get some play time in on v14, so I am getting the ball rolling with that.

Some new things:

No more will players get in on the First Ballot Standard in anything but their first year of eligibility. All players inducted by the default software settings will still get a FBS, but it will happen immediately. The proportional representation of pitchers and hitters to the RL HOF will be maintained.

This league is starting in 2004. The HOF will have it's Inaugural Class in 2034. The one year waiting period will begin in 2041. The 5 year wait will go into effect in 2052. The dates for these events were all based on a weighted randomization based on RL. I chose to start with zero wait, and progress to 1 year and then 5 years, just as in RL. There was nothing random about this sequence and there is nothing random about not changing the wait period after the 5 year period is instituted. The amount of time between the start of the league and the changing of the wait periods were all a weighted randomization.

The classes will not be tied to RL inductions on a year by year basis. The number of entrants in any year will be based on RL, as will the proportionality of hitters to pitchers, but there will be no corresponding season to 1999 where two hitters and 1 pitcher get inducted simply because the year corresponds to 1999, for example.

With the added feature of the Free Agent draft, after 2012, the league will be subject to contraction. The contraction algorithm is something I have only thought through. This will be the first time I test it in the game. There is a good chance that there will be no contraction, but there is a chance.

I have used weighted random factors based on the previous league for all the league settings that I had open for variance. Things that were not subject to change include the use of neutralized stats, recalc, and AI evaluation for overall ratings.

The injury setting for this league is "Very High".

I will pick up managing the Arizona Diamondbacks starting with the 2008 season (chosen randomly, no weighting). If I do well and don't get fired, it will take a while to get to 2034 and the first HOF class. If I suck and get fired, things will go quicker.

I generated the draft pool and got a 54 year-old Manny Mota rated with 3 stars (I am using Very Low scouting, btw). So, I have my first laugh of the league, and it has yet to start. Good omen.

Last edited by VanillaGorilla; 04-17-2013 at 03:29 PM.
VanillaGorilla is offline   Reply With Quote