View Single Post
Old 04-18-2019, 06:24 PM   #5
Garlon
Hall Of Famer

If you use 300 with 3-yr recalc then yes it will be looking for 900 AB over those 3 seasons. The values you put in will basically be the average per season.

For 1yr recalc I think you could move it down from the default of 300 to more like 200-250. I figure since in a full season a player generally gets about 500 AB that I want my sample size for the ratings to be at least 500 AB as well for either 3yr or 5yr for a player to get their full ratings based on their stats. So 500/5 = 100, so you can go with 100 AB for a 5yr or 167 for a 3yr. I used to go with this as the high value and approximately half of that for the low value, but now I am considering boosting these.

So for 3yr I suggest setting the upper value no more than 200 and the lower value maybe no lower than 100. For 5yr, I suggest no more than 170 on the upper value and maybe no lower than 70 for the lower value.

For pitchers you have to consider that the game quadruples the value for SP's.

I use 14 IP for 5yr because 14*4*5 = 230 IP. I think 230 IP is a good sample because you figure even the best pitchers have a WHIP of 1.00 and if you figure there are 3 outs to get in the inning an average pitcher will face at least 4 batters per inning and 230*4 = 920, or nearly 1000 batters faced. The game uses probabilities only to the thousandth anyway, so we don't really need more than this to get accurate ratings. Raising the values more for the import settings will only cause more players to be underrated if you feel you have too much talent in the league. If you think your best players are underperforming try moving the import settings up a bit to make a handful of players in the league not quite as good.
Garlon is offline   Reply With Quote