Thread: Exit Velocity?
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2019, 03:11 PM   #139
Curve Ball Dave
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrog2000 View Post
There are tons of cheap home runs that only statcast tells you are cheap. Sometimes, they come in bunches.

Yes, only statcast can tell us that a pop up that barely clears the the short left field wall down the line at Minute Maid that would have been a fly out anywhere else, or a routine fly the 25mph wind blew over the fence at Wrigely were cheap....oooook. Thank goodness for statcast, we never would have known. I'm sure the Giants didn't know that balls that went 260' for home runs at the Polo Grounds were cheap. They needed statcast to tell them that. Poor souls. I'm convinced!

Quote:

Luke Voit says hi. It doesn't have to be a big money commitment. The point for front offices is to find great value, not just waste money when there are no competitors.

What kind commitment have they made to him after a short 39 game stretch that included 39 strike outs? He's on the roster...for now. Perhaps the Yankees still remember Kevin Maas (look him up) and don't want to make a major commitment (which I specified but you ignored) to an older guy who had a good short stretch.

The season is about to start. If you need statcast to tell you that the ball that just flew way over a major league fence was hit hard, and the guys who do that on a regular basis hit the ball harder than those who don't, and wouldn't know any other way and must see the mph figure to be convinced the ball was hit hard, well I don't know what else to say. Silly me, when I see a ball hit way out of a park I don't need to know the actual mph to know that hit was hit really hard. Maybe I have magic powers or something, or I'm just an old codger.

Last edited by Curve Ball Dave; 03-25-2019 at 03:15 PM.
Curve Ball Dave is offline   Reply With Quote