View Single Post
Old 03-28-2018, 03:10 PM   #7
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnBTVS View Post
Having Historical Contracts would be great but it's an insanely massive undertaking. Think about it...

You have 1871 - 2017. You also have players constantly changing contracts every few years or even year to year depending on when you start. Now you throw in every single historical player plus the new Minor League players, some of whom may've been signed to varied contracts themselves upon being drafted. Then you also have team payrolls to try and figure out, because those would be affected by the player salaries.

That's all assuming you can find actual, realistic contracts for every single player, every single season, and ignore any contracts that may have additional incentives.

I appreciate the realism but I'm A-OK with not having super perfect contracts for my historical players, especially if you may want to alter the Financials at any point in your league history.
Not to mention that it would remove the bargaining aspect of the free agent market every year. Where would the fun be in that?
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote