View Single Post
Old 02-18-2018, 06:52 AM   #171
rink23
Hall Of Famer

Question for fellow OOTP players

Been playing OOTP for 5-6 years, but a couple of thoughts popped into my head playing the last few days, it's really late here, so I'll be quick but:
1, I just switched from simming the first five innings of my games to playing all nine -- I didn't like some of the pitching decisions the CPU was making, it was burning out my bullpen -- and with that, I have noticed that home runs really seem to be way down.
2, I have two players (Albert Pujols and Reggie Sanders) that are very important to my team (2004 Cardinals) that were diagnosed with injuries that were expected to slow them for two-months plus. But their injury status has always been day-to-day and both are eligible to come off the DL. What am I risking by playing them? Pujols of 2004 at 75 percent is better than almost anyone in the league. But could I lose him for the season with an injury if I play him?
3, Why does it seem whenever I bring in a reliever, especially in the middle of an inning, the first batter he faces always reaches base? I have the game set up so I do not have to worry about warm ups. Is there a better way to approach this.
4, Also every player on my team is complaining about a disruptive influence. Only one player on the roster has a negative comment in his scouting report (Roger Cedeno: "Nobody would miss him in the clubhouse if he left") and he only recently started to play well, but is nothing special. But I am also short of outfielders with Reggie Sanders and Larry Walker on the DL and would have to play no-name minor-leaguers. Should I jettison him.
Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by rink23; 02-18-2018 at 07:02 AM.
rink23 is offline   Reply With Quote