View Single Post
Old 10-09-2015, 07:28 PM   #27
legendsport
Hall Of Famer

Thanks guys. I've created a site/forum for the league, you can check it out here: Heroes & Legends Hockey

Here's what I'd like to do. We'll start with 1972-73 (I think we'll end up with too many to start earlier). Everyone will get a primary team that they will carry into the post-merger era in 1979-80 and can also run a secondary team from the clubs who don't make the merger.

The ideal number for '72-73 would be 19 GMs (15 NHL teams (all except California) plus the Jets, Oilers, Nordiques & Whalers from the 12 WHA teams survive into the 80s) but really anything from 15 to 19 can work until we find enough GMs to fill all teams. Ultimately we'll need 21 for the 1979-80 season when we get there.

First steps to getting this thing rolling:
  • In-game GMs will be the actual GM name for the team circa 1972
  • You'll need a forum account so I will need the following info: username, email address and optionally a password - or I will set one for you. You can PM me this here on the OOTP boards
  • I have Facegen faces for about 125 of the players and will continue to add them
  • I also have Hockey13Playa's Unis for the 1972-73 season and will create the WHA team's unis myself (I've already started doing this)
  • We will need to pick teams - more on this below

As far as team choices go, I know that Tom wants the Rangers and Jim wants the Leafs. I'm a Bobby Hull fan and would like the Jets. I also have guys who've asked me for specific teams - the Islanders, Red Wings and North Stars.

I am going to start a new thread with the league's name: Heroes & Legends Hockey here on the OOTP boards and use the first post to assign teams and possibly gain some a few more GMs. Once everyone is registered, I will put the list on my Sim Sport Leagues site.

This has been a long post and is probably a lot to digest, so the main points to remember: PM me your info for the forum and post in the new HAL league thread to claim your team.

Figment League - A fictional history of baseball - Want to join in the fun? Shoot me a PM!

Read the story of the Barrell Family - A Figment Baseball tale

The Figment Sports Universe - More Fake Sports Than You Can Shake a Stick At!
legendsport is offline   Reply With Quote