View Single Post
Old 08-01-2014, 03:53 PM   #18
Kammich
Minors (Single A)

Theoretically thinking... I really like that you added some of the indies, and also players (although I can't say I went through them all or checked to see if the players are on said rosters, etc.) and the logos and all are very nice.
My only question would be this, I guess:
Can I export the rosters, teams, and league structures and then re-import them into the new update w/ the roster update?

In a nutshell, I really like this start-up as a mold, but I don't really prefer to create and adjust all of the roster things (where the recent update has some nice fixes, Rustnee as a FA among others- and in general, I like the player pool more....)....

OR, would it be easier or more realistic (as far goes any saved time) to just import the player pool from that league's structure (the one I have setup, just minus the indie leagues you have added)? I don't imagine it would simply land each player in their respective orgs, or overwrite the teams w/ all of the settings in this start up if I did that..or would it?
I'm picturing a lot of players just defaulting to the FA pool and then multiple teams if I tried that way. I want to try to kind of make a "frankenstein" version of the two- using the new rosters from the update, while keeping this mold- but don't know how the most efficient way to do this would be? It would simply be opening day, w/ all the added perks from the update and then your additions into this quickstart all in one package....and from there I do understand a lot of the rulings and little bits/pieces as far as helping some of you guys understand how to get it going in the most or least realistic ways (including financials etc. and I would share my suggested settings for MLB finances, but I feel that tinkering with them will help out the most for most as everyone has a slight preference there).

If anyone can kinda help me out or help me understand this and if it's at all possible?... thanks guys- I'd release mine as a quickstart once/if this proves possible, too, and assemble it myself assuming it's up to par for release. I really like the idea of adding the indie leagues, ESPECIALLY with so many FA in the pool who are just toiling, and otherwise might retire due to simply not breaking into the MLB or even minor league systems. That's a nice premise, if teams would start signing these lesser players and instead of seeing them retire, maybe a Chris Colabello situation will unfold more often and we'll see these ex-prospects migrating to the bigs later on. As for old guys ie Clemens, I think manual placement would be necessary there... but easy enough either way.