View Single Post
Old 09-07-2009, 05:45 AM   #54
Tony M
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neags23 View Post
Fantastic utility. I just got a chance to use this, as I was waiting to setup my solo league until my scouting tracker was finished. I'm impressed with the capabilities of this.

The interface also feels really fluid. I like it.

It's definitely not completely intuitive on how to do some things, however. Some kind of documentation or a way to make it a more step by step process might help.

It is also a little tedious to have to close the game, load the utility, load the game, play a series, close the game, load the utility, and then reload the game. Of course, this isn't a limitation of the utility, but rather of OOTP.

I usually like to sim several years to get league history, and to try to setup byes for all the past years is going to be far too tedious. I'll just have to leave my byes to when I'm actually playing and not just simming history.

Thanks again for this. Something I've wanted in OOTP for a long, long time. Congrats on a great utility!
Thanks Neags. I know it's annoying with the having to constantly leave the game and switch back and forth - hopefully Markus will make the "Save on Quit" an option in XI and then you'll be able to leave the game open and click Load Game to refresh it.

Another annoyance is that Markus has allotted storage space in world.dat for a fully customised playoff setup so if only the game could use it, it would be made simpler to fill it in from the outset.

I'm looking at formulating an xml file that could be used to pre-populate the rounds whenever you load the editor, but that will require some more xml learning.