View Single Post
Old 05-25-2019, 08:42 AM   #78
old timer
Hall Of Famer

The Raccoons continue to cruise along at a .722 clip (+338 RDiff, 2nd best). We've done well against the top teams so far, winning 3 of 4 from a team who's pitching staff is Young, Maddux, Martinez, Schilling and Brown (all 100's). We're leading the Cleveland Crushers (15 perfects, 13 of them historicals) by 11 games. Oddly, the team has had 3 irons on their team all season, but they've hardly been used at all so they're just taking up space.

This month we'll have a 4 game series against Winterfell which should be interesting. They have the best record in the league (we're #2) so it will be interesting to see how we fare against them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
The Frogs (65-68) have picked a troubling time to turn cold as they lost the last 5 sims of the evening. With the team continuing to be almost glued to .500, another team made a move and knocked the Frogs out of the 2nd wild card lead. The Stellenbosch Maties are 22-9 since August 1st while the Frogs are 14-17 over that same time period. Meaning, the Frogs will now have to chip away at a 4 game deficit in order to make the playoffs in P411. All 3 divisions (Marshall Cardinals, Winterfell Direwolves, and Evergreen Forest Raccoons) were decided long ago; the Cleveland Crushers have a 16-game lead on the top wild card spot.
Speaking of tough matchups... The Fighting Frogs proved to be quite the challenge for the Raccoons. The Fighting Frogs won 3 of the 7 we played, but lost 2 of them by only 1 run. So far, they're the only team outside our division to beat us 3 times.

I think you have a pretty good team. Maybe you've just had some bad luck lately? I'm not sure if I want to root for your guys though since they gave us such a hard time.

Last edited by old timer; 05-25-2019 at 09:03 AM.
old timer is offline   Reply With Quote