View Single Post
Old 02-17-2019, 03:46 PM   #1841
Rocco Del Sesto
Hall Of Famer

A New Era for Heavyweight Boxing

Lee Oma - HW - USA
Career Record: W64(KO 29) / L28(KO 17) / D3

Unknown information has been left blank.

Birth Name was Frank Czjewski

Lee was ranked as high as 6 in the Ring Magazine's February 1946 ratings for 1945 but then in 1946 into 1947 he had a spell of loosing 7 out of 9 fights with one win and one draw. That appeared to take him out of the heavyweight contenders. He managed though to get himself untracked racking up wins from mid 1948 on through 1950 until finally on January 12th 1951 he fought Ezzard Charles for the NBA World Heavyweight Title, loosing though by 10th round TKO. It turned into Oma's last career bout.His late 40's record got him ranked again in 1949 (high as 2nd) and in 1950 (9th ahead of Marciano).

The included WWW.boxing.com website is an excellent account of Oma's career.He learned to box from a parish priest in Chicago.

The whole article a good read on Oma's career.Some shadyness and questionable handling of Oma in his career maybe kept him from reaching higher potential and standing in his career.

I added this little bit of bio info but look at the included website article on Boxing.com for a great bio on Oma.

I did nothing with the rating other than changed the valid as of to 1939-10 of his first fight. I built a schedule and play tested the TBCB3 file and the results were in my opinion great and Wins was alway averaging about 66 and Losses about 26 with his KO's 3-4 short of actual. Differences not even worth thinking about tinkering with. My schedule had at least the last 2/3 rds of his career in my data base. Quite a few for a 96 fight schedule!

Look at and enjoy the Boxing.com piece on Oma.
Attached Files
File Type: tbdx3 Oma_Lee_HW_Retired_Prime.tbdx3 (2.6 KB, 56 views)
Rocco Del Sesto is offline   Reply With Quote