View Single Post
Old 08-25-2006, 07:17 AM   #43
CONN CHRIS
Global Moderator

3) International play
- World title fights

In my universe, I designate March, June, September and December as International play months. These months serve the following purposes:

1) Afford World champions the opportunity to defends there titles
2) Afford the top fighters in the world an opportunity to face better opposition than they may have available within their region.

The only thing that I do not like about this is that it creates a forced feel to the timing of world title fights as they will always occur during the same months of the year. I may decide to change this at some point and use a form of random month selection at the beginning each new year to determine the international months for each year. The problem will be properly spacing the months because I would like to always have a maximum possible annual world title defense total of four. Perhaps I'll leave the number of possible annual defenses to chance as well. I just haven't given it a lot of thought yet.

The world title holders in my universe do not engage in any regional bouts while all the other titlists including the regional champs do. So, a world title holder will fight a maximum of four times per year. If he is a particularly good champ, this may extend the time line for which he remains at Prime.

The selection process is simple:

1) I use the random number generation site linked in the regional and minor title fight selection post above. I print a list of 17 random numbers with the low integer being 1 and the high being 100. The month before an International play month I apply these numbers to each division. A number of 50 or less indicates that the divisional world title holder will defend. This gives the world champs an average of two defenses per year.

2) The challenger is selected in the same manner that I choose regional title challengers. The number one world ranked fighter as of the end of regional play the month prior to the international play month in question gets the nod. The exception is if that number one was the challenger the last time the title was defended. If he lost by split or mixed decision or drew, he gets a re-match. If he lost by Unanimous decision, stoppage or DQ, the number two ranked fighter gets the nod and has the same criteria applied.

3) International play
- Match-ups

The other match-ups for international play months are determined as follows:

1) Print a world ranking sheet from the game:
----a. First click 'Options' in the lower right of start screen
----b. Be sure Min. number of bouts to get ranked is 20
----c. Click save
----d. From the start screen, click 'Organizations' in the lower left
----e. From the Org List tab, select the world title org. (REC in my case)
----f. Click Ranking tab
----g. Select the division on the left (SW in this example)
----h. Filter year (at top) can be left blank
----i. Group box is set to All
----j. Set the Max. Rank box in the lower left to 76
----k. Click the print button at the lower center of screen
----l. An I.E. box will open with the rankings. Print this to paper.

2) If no world title fight is scheduled, the match-ups will be as follows with the number representing the fighter ranking:

1v30
2v29
3v28
4v27
5v26
6v25
7v24
8v23
9v22
10v21
11v20
12v19
13v18
14v17
15v16
31v76
32v75
33v74
34v73
33v72
34v71
35v70
36v69
37v68
and so on

If there is a title fight scheduled then the match-ups are:

2v31
3v30
4v29
5v28
32v75
33v74
34v73
and so on (number 76 does not get a fight if there is a world title on the line)

The LHW and HW divisions have nearly double the fighters that the others do, so I use 101 rather than 76 for the rankings print run.

I load these matches into the scheduler with the exception of running a few separately that I may want to watch (and I watch all the HW international fights)

Setting the fights up in the scheduler:

1) Click scheduler button from the start screen
2)Click add button in the lower left corner
3)Find the number 1 fighter in the select fighter 1 drop down bar.
4)Find the number 30 fighter in the select fighter 2 drop down bar.
5) Click Fight options tab
6) Apply rule set - REC (see post above about creating rule sets)
7) Scoring system - 10 point
8) Number of rounds - 10
9) Two minute rounds - unchecked
10) Computer selects strategies for: - All four boxes checked
11) Fight date - Manually select. I start with the 1st day of the month in question (i.e. 1903-09-01) and change the date by one for each fight set up.
12) Venue - Random (A venue from one of the two
13) fighter's countries will be selected randomly)
14) All other boxes - Random (except judges bias
15) I select 'use bias rating')
16) Click 'apply' in lower right corner
17) Repeat 1-16 for each bout to be scheduled
18) Check save box for any bouts that you where you want the log saved
19) Click start and run the bouts.

Run the world title fight through the Start Fight tab on the start screen and the international play month for that division is over.

Up Next:

4) Introduction of rookies
- Selection
- fighter file export, import and set-up

*** Shameless plug***

I posted the latest issue of the Glasgow Picayune yesterday reporting on the latest month (July, 1903) of all this nonsense.

Last edited by CONN CHRIS; 08-25-2006 at 07:29 AM.
CONN CHRIS is offline   Reply With Quote