View Single Post
Old 05-19-2019, 07:37 PM   #224
BirdWatcher
Hall Of Famer

Wanted Brewers

It's always interesting, especially in the off-season (or near the trading deadline) to see what names keep popping up repeatedly in trade offers received.

This winter two of the most sought after Brewers in trade offers are starting pitcher Steve Green and reliever Sam Pruiett. I'm not planning on trading either but I could see it as a good sign that everyone wants them. Perhaps scouting departments other than our own are high on these two.

Interestingly, I also just received a trade offer of an established left handed veteran starting pitcher (granted not a very good one, though also a relatively inexpensive one) straight up for minor league starting pitcher Yunus Wiseman, who played in the Rookie League this past season and was a 16th round draft pick in the 1972 draft. As has been noted earlier, Wiseman does seem to be developing more than previously could have been predicted and has developed a 4th pitch. Still, I have to wonder what the Baltimore Lords scouting staff is seeing in Wiseman that they would unload a proven veteran for a kid with still only marginal potential at best, in the eyes of our scouting staff anyway.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

Last edited by BirdWatcher; 05-19-2019 at 07:38 PM.
BirdWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote