View Single Post
Old 05-14-2019, 01:48 PM   #7
abell1198
All Star Reserve

Thursday, March 24, 1994

Apparently, two straight losses will kill attendance. Only 21 people come out to see our fourth game of the year. We’re playing El Dorado Springs, who are 0-3 to start the season. The Bulldogs are a middle of the pack team in District 13, who are obviously having some early season struggles. I’ve got Doug Parlier back on the mound and I’m feeling pretty good about our chances today. Then again, El Dorado Springs has their ace on the hill as well. Doug gets a strikeout in the 1st, and two more in the 2nd, but it’s apparent to me this is going to be a pitcher’s duel. Parlier has five K’s through the 3rd and hasn’t allowed a hit. He allows a leadoff double to start the 4th but shuts the Bulldogs down after that. Whenever my Bears get on base, it seems they’re either stranded or doubled up. Finally, in the 6th, Melvin Campa singles, followed by a double from Chris Gause. Samir Shivers flies out to right, but it’s deep enough for Campa to come home and give us a 1-0 lead. I keep Parlier in the game through the 7th and then turn it over to my bullpen. Parlier goes seven, striking out eight and giving up only two hits. Bill Mills holds our lead in the 8th. But in the bottom half of the inning, we lose our first player this season to injury. Third baseman Josh Quinn injured his back while breaking up a double play sliding into second base. He’s expected to miss three weeks. “Bucket” as he’s called was hitting .294 this season. Quinn is one of the faster players on the team, and that speed will be missed on the basepaths. I bring in Darius Turner to close the game out, and he does the job. We win the game 1-0 and move to 2-2 on the young season.

After a week of play, I think the guys are doing well but could be doing much better. We’re only four games in, with 26 more to go. First baseman Chris Gause is hitting .600 so far, good enough for second in 2A. Likewise, right fielder John Graham is second in 2A in RBI with 10.

Name:  Game 4 El Dorado Springs vs Sarcoxie.png
Views: 866
Size:  116.3 KB

Current Dynasty:
Collegiate Baseball Association

Completed Dynasties:
World Series League
March Madness 2015
abell1198 is offline   Reply With Quote