View Single Post
Old 09-16-2019, 11:24 PM   #40
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

P408: I Feel for You, NC Central

The 8-time Perfect League champion Singapore Sluggers and the 6-time Perfect League champion Collingwood Magpies are in the same division.

I feel for you, other NC Central members Sunset Town Kings, Parish Levees, and Tidewater Tides. Stay strong; next week will be better, I promise.

Early on, Collingwood holds the edge, having won all 6 of their early season head-to-head matchups. Which...damn, go Magpies!

On the bright side for the rest of the NC, this means either Collingwood or Singapore will be forced to play in the Wild Card game, and if they aren't shockingly upset then, they'll very likely have to face each other in the Division Series. So at least one upstart is guaranteed a spot in the NC Sub-League Series.

Meanwhile, 2 teams in the AC have won multiple Perfect League championships: our own 3-time champion Huntley Red Raiders, who find themselves with a slim lead atop the AC West in the early going, and the 4-time champion New Image Blaze, who, surprisingly, are already 5 games out of first in the AC Central, trailing the red-hot California Alliance and the AC team with the best run differential thus far, the Excelsior Dodgers.

In the end, what this all means is that, at most, only 40% of the playoff bracket will be filled by multiple Perfect League-champion teams. That's at least 6 playoff spots reserved for teams looking for their first Perfect League title. Good luck, everyone! Break through!

And yeah, I see you there, Red Raider Roger Clemens, all smug about your early season league-leading 1.05 ERA. Bring it in the playoffs, man.

Way too early standings follow...
Attached Images

JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote