View Single Post
Old 09-16-2019, 11:12 PM   #516
BirdWatcher
Hall Of Famer

Well, I'll tell you what- this kid has gotten so much attention now that I guess I better feature a regular report on his minor league path.

He's not much of a hitter but he could develop a little bit of power and a decent eye at the plate. And he should be a slightly above average runner.

Interestingly, I also just noticed that the OSA rates his potential higher than our head scout and sees him as having 2 star potential. Not that I trust the OSA over our head scout Nick Meskill, but it does make me wonder even more why he lasted until almost the exact end of the draft without someone selecting him. I'm sure that far worse players were chosen ahead of him.

When you look at how he currently projects at each level it is clear that control will be his greatest challenge. Anything above the Rookie league level and his control is pretty much bottom of the barrel. Movement rates as pretty average up to the AA level.

I'll keep you all posted. I do like this bit from his scouting report: "His lack of command combined with stuff that can be overwhelming can make his outings an adventure." And hey, who doesn't like an adventure?

Edit: I also just noticed that he played a little middle infield in college and while his infield range is poor (3), otherwise his infield ratings are pretty good, with a 6 error rating, and 7's for infield arm and turn dp. So, in a pinch, he could play a little second base.

Last edited by BirdWatcher; 09-16-2019 at 11:19 PM.
BirdWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote