View Single Post
Old 09-13-2019, 08:48 PM   #3
HiDesertAce
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threnodas View Post
I just saw the same thing happen on my team, and I solved the mystery: All-Star Game. I have Marcus Giles exclusively playing 2B and SS, but after the All-Star Break he suddenly had a miniscule rating at 3B without any games played at 3B in his career fielding stats. I checked the All-Star Game results and confirmed that he started the game at 3B.

So, that trades one mystery for another. I now know when he played 3B and why it doesn't show up in his career (regular season) fielding stats, and it's interesting to know that the All-Star Game counts for fielding experience. But why the deuce did he start at 3B when he has never played there and only made the All-Stars as a reserve?

If the devs want to look into it themselves, this was in Bronze .257 this season (2043). The National Conference All-Stars started Giles at 3B with 0 experience there, over the elected starter Anthony Rendon, who later pinch hit. They also started Michael Conforto at DH, over the elected starter George McQuinn, who was later a defensive substitute at 1B.

there is one big reason not to like this.

once a player gains experience at a position, I have noticed AI will then use that player at that position in games. this happened to me when I accidentally played 100 Brett at 2b. for as long as I had card, he would occasionally play 2b late in games--which i definitely didn't want to have happen. and then when i sold the card, the same thing happened to the next team that acquired him...so I have been very careful about where I play my players since then.

HiDesertAce is offline   Reply With Quote