View Single Post
Old 04-25-2019, 12:13 PM   #13
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izz View Post
Depending on the strength of their best 2 pitches, starting pitchers get a stuff boost when you convert them to relief pitchers (you can set their roles on the player card).

I just started doing this. So far to mixed results. Basically no increase or decrease in performance, but I like the ability to platoon more than just catcher and one other position. So I'm able to use more effective hitters in key situations. And I've been looking for a reason to put Billy Hamilton on my roster for pinch running only. Now I can .

I wish I had known this 10 seasons ago. It would be nice if it was somewhere in the manual or within the game. I literally had no idea. I had used relievers as starters and vice versa, but I don't remember ever seeing a ratings improvement. I saw changes in their performance, but I just don't remember seeing that ratings jump. I'm keeping my eye on it now. I wish I didn't have to re-buy cards to test it out though. I'm wasting tons of money buying guys to find out I see little to no difference, because there's no way to set the player's position before you buy on the AH.

Last edited by Findest2001; 04-25-2019 at 12:15 PM.
Findest2001 is offline   Reply With Quote