View Single Post
Old 08-16-2011, 06:17 AM   #28
Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwerty75 View Post
Evaluating amateur talent for the draft is tricky because even the best scouts can be far off on a lot of the amateurs. What I do is look at my scouting director's ratings, the OSA ratings, the COL/HS stats, and make a guesstimate, sometimes splitting the difference between my SD and OSA. Of course, it always helps to have a highly-rated SD, even though that's no guarantee of accuracy for the draft.

I'd advise taking the AI off trades. Assess whether you're building for the future or going after a win in the short-term, and then identify talent around the league that you want to acquire. Aging vets who are due to decline and take up a lot of salary space might be candidates to sell for prospects if you're in that cycle of contention.
Okay. that's good to know, that's pretty much been my approach to the provided scouting reports, is assuming a mid point betwen my scout and OSA.
Now I'm playing a historical league, but with fictional players on top of the real guys. None of the players are showing High School or College stats though. Stupid Question alert.... Do I need to add in High School & College feeders to get draftee's to produce stats ?
Yankee Hotel Foxtrot is offline   Reply With Quote