View Single Post
Old 03-12-2019, 05:26 PM   #11
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
Left_handed, you say you're playing on a mackbook, I have no idea what it's
capable of next to a desktop PC? Is it just time or space too?

I don't run the whole universe in OOTP but back when I played FM I ran some pretty huge games. With OOTP I run MLB, 5 levels minors, and 4 feeders (2 college, 2 HS) with 120 teams. It's been awhile since I've tried it but IIRC my 6 year old xps spits out a full season in 2-5 minutes. 300 teams, ~13,000 players, 4,000 personnel, and 13,339 games. With this setup I see the same type of results as Mr. Marlin, IE I don't have issues with talent in my league with default settings. I do tick the box where players that retire without ever seeing MLB are deleted. With that ticked undrafted feeder players can drift around a while but they will eventually retire and be gone along with the "also rans" in the minors. Oh yeah, I do use Ghost players too to keep the minors at a more manageable level.

It's easy for me to say this playing on a desktop and not knowing the capabilities of other machines. I do wonder though, what is "slow"? Are we talking an hour to run a season using feeders compared to
minutes without?

Just throwing it out there in case it helps in any way.
As I have a pretty mid range AAA gaming desktop here is my experience
6 cores/12 threads, 32gb ddr 4, nvme 1tb, rx 580 8gb

OOTP 19. I play full default universe. That full independents, international and their minors. Plus the Arizona fall league.Except for Cuba and Australia as they are both bugged and produce MLB players and Cuba can't enter free agency or defect so no point in them. However I do solely play in challenge mode. So I can't change Cuba and Australia settings.

Well in challenge mode you can't say sim an entire year. Its mostly day, week or if their is a special date you can sim to that. But no advance simming time.

With feeder leagues on top of the full universe its this daily sim time that is super slow. As opposed to say non challenge mode where you can sim a month or months etc.

I tried it and it was a no go. Not sure if this is cause challenge mode is more about daily/weekly sim time or what.
jimmysthebestcop is offline   Reply With Quote