View Single Post
Old 03-11-2019, 08:51 PM   #5
Left-handed
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne View Post
it's based on # of teams at your ML level... at least for a draft. i think feeders are about quantity? i really don't know on those, if they are different or not. i can promise this about players generated for an amatuer entry-level draft.

increasing rounds will help a bit, but only through increased opportunities for TCR-luck for the most part.

if op is transitioning from real 2018 to fictional, things may look difference after that point. dealing with 2 different animals -- real vs fictionally created. in this case, you simply have to adjust what your eye believes to be ~normal. make sure to autocalculate your modifiers during this transition. after it's ~100% fictional created players, you won't have to auto-calculate after that unless you choose to for other reasons.

there are potentially really bad draft years, fwiw. you can have really bad years for a string of consecutive years, if unlucky. if you don't change modifiers, this will cause the league to naturally ebb and flow with stats-- or probability of resulting stats barring good/bad luck based on how it plays out that particular run through.

also if i recall, the first draft with the last remnants of real amatuers in DB is absolutely pitiful -- even more so to anything mentioned before. that shouldonly be 1 year? may not even happen anymor... if i had to guess it just filled in scrubs with that last year of a few RL amatuers, or i had some really bad luck in past at same point in time of a league. (don't play this way much anymore, so it's a while ago)

i strongly remember the first few amatuer drafts after expending all the RL amatuers from dB as being truely horrible years for talent. it may be purposeful in order to nudge ai into using RL players a bit longer? i know they choose different AI-eval #s for that very reason.

'19 looks different to the eye from '18 too. i think they made it slightly fatter at the bottom fo the distribution curve... a trend in recent years, i think. this is a good thing, once you get your eyes used to the new normal.

the elite players still look very similar, but the ~average guys are probably looking a bit less yellow and a bit more orange on the color code. make the middle a bit more ubiquitious... jsut about luck amongst those that are rated that way to have a good year.
This is a completely fictional league from the beginning (started in year 2000). In the beginning, when I created the league, there were what seemed like ample star player distribution across the league. As I've played through a number of seasons (now 2018), it seems like as star players have retired out of the league, they have not been replenished with other star players through the draft or international free agent signings. In other words, the star player pool (at least according to the ratings) is drying up as I play through more seasons. This has left me with a league of mostly average players (per their ratings).

Does this correct itself over time?
Left-handed is offline   Reply With Quote