View Single Post
Old 09-11-2019, 04:53 PM   #54
SpacePope
Minors (Single A)

So excited for this! There are details that people will inevitably complain about (schedules, training, Cy Young, etc.), but I think the majority of us just want to see it as soon as possible in any form rather than continue to wait.

That said, I echo those who are asking for the salary cap tournies to be the flagship tournies with the best rewards. I know you want to give whales a reason to spend and giving the best rewards to the open tournies seems the obvious best way to do that. I don't think it's that obvious though.

The mega whales that can afford the best open tourny team (which costs thousands of dollars) will spend regardless, but tournies are an opportunity to push people to spend more than they would otherwise. You can push them to spend for the best and most sustainable reason - they're having fun! I don't think anyone thinks the open tournies sound like the most fun. The appeal of the tournies are the new formats that are different from leagues and require strategies that aren't just fork-out-for-the-best-player-at-each-position.

Maybe I'm wrong. I, as someone who has spent hundreds (not thousands) and could spend more, wont be spending more to try to compete in open tournies. If I would, I'd already have done so to compete against the mega-whales in perfect.
SpacePope is offline   Reply With Quote