View Single Post
Old 04-02-2019, 02:17 AM   #16
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

i have one in forums posted... search on google to double check this is latest... i haven't changed it much.. but, i think i posted one that handles 2 subleagues and one that handles only 1 league:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=264979

if oyu know the basics of spreadheets can you make minor adjustments to first row in work table and "fill" down to fix it... as of now it should add 2 lines at a time per year. (if 2 subleages, highlight top row and empty row before 'filling' down. -- if only one, you have 200 rows, lol -- just highly 1 row at top and fill down an it will be corrected for 1 league sans al/nl type setup.)

this isn't a proper spreadsheet. shouldn't even have to look at the worksheet at all. the input/output page should be all you need after linking the data sheets.

anyway, take the "suggested new LTM" as a very loose guide... they will be accurate if you only change 1 LTM... if you change many, they influence each other.

e.g. if you reduce 3b but not total hits, those 3b will still be 'hits' of some sort, but not 3b. most likely proportional to current LTM outcomes.

e.g. 15 hits, 4 doubles, two 3b and one hr... if i reduce 3b by 1, then 4/15ths or so will go into doubles and 1/15th to hr and the rest to singles. *less to type with smaller numbers.

so, if you are planning on changing hits, double and triples in 1 shot.. expect it to fail miserably based on suggestions.

a newer version should show upper/lower values over time to help guess early, if impatient or don't want to create a suitable sample size to work with. once you know the general volatility to expect... if you see something outside that % you know it can be safely raised or lowered in a way you want.

like i said, maybe google search.. even if not the most recent the basic functions are there.

adding to this table is easy... simply click inside table -- anywhere -- and drag down until # of rows you wish to add (doing this at bottom makes for easier filling/fixign of table -- but you can see through this proces how to change starting year of table too... find the year you want to start and cop to first row, then fill down)... then highlight last row (and maybe an empty one if 2 sub leagues) and "fill" down to end of table... it comes with 100 or so years i think. easy to add as many as you want.

EDIT:

Heh, if they have added or changed the export in any way... it may not work anymore, lol.... it would be apparent, if so... unfortunately i didn't 'link' to teh column headers.. that would be visibly apparent immediately when you see 8000 or a stat that should be <1 etc.... simply correct colum with proper cell address reference and fill down from top -- fixed. should work.. it's worked for years.

also not that my spreadsheet and his won't work well when in a transition from "seed" players to players created for a draft... or if switching from real mlb players as they run out to fictional over time. even if changing to a feeder system etc... anything that will change the outcomes of player distribution will make the data apples and oranges during that time period. it will not stand up over time and require additional work later.

the suggestion i made about pre-dating is essential... or zoom out and write down those ltm from a future set of data with ~normal/uniform generation of players over time. you won't be able to use them until transition is mostly over... a few % of seed or real players leftover probably won't matter much, for example.

best way is to just let it run overnight and through your work day... more is always better (to a point). the smaller the league the more years you need to find the actualy long-term averages that result from your LTM/LT and other settings. ~100 years does well for 30T, in general.. a few more might make it a bit more precise, but i'm not looking for some insane ~99.99999% confidence interval or anything, lol.

Last edited by NoOne; 04-02-2019 at 02:35 AM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote